Last Updated: January 24, 2021
Information We Collect
We collect information, including personal information, about you from a variety of sources, including, information that we collect directly from you; information that we collect from other entities; and information that we collect automatically when you use our Services. The type of information that we collect about you depends on your interaction with us.
Information that We Collect Directly From You: We collect identifying information, financial information, demographic information, purchase history/customer records, and other information as described below when you use our Services or otherwise interact with us. In particular, we collect information from you when you take the following actions:
- Create an Account: You may create an account on certain of our Sites or in our Apps. The type of personal information that we collect from you varies based on our Sites or Apps, but includes, at a minimum, your name and email address. On some Sites or Apps, you also may provide a postal mail address, store marketing preferences, and save recipes.
- Make a Purchase: When you make a purchase from us, we will collect your name, billing and shipping addresses, email, phone number, payment card information, and items purchased. Please also see our discussion below about purchases made through social media.
- Sign Up for Email Marketing: We collect your name and email address if you sign up to request email advertising from us (you also may sign up for email marketing when registering your product with us).
- Posts to our Services or Our Social Media Pages: You may post, or grant us permission to post, your photos, reviews, ideas or other content to our Services, as indicated, and on our social media pages. In some cases, an additional or different privacy notice will govern; we will notify you at or before collection of the applicable privacy notice.
- Register a Warranty: Depending on the product and/or the particular Site/App, you may register a product warranty with us online or through a mobile feature. When you register, we collect information about your purchase (product name, where purchased, price), your name and contact information (mailing address, email) and you may have the option of answering survey questions, such as with respect to your income bracket, age, gender, and marital status.
- Contact Customer Service: We collect information about you when you contact our customer service department, whether by phone, mail, or email. This includes your name, contact number, and scope of your inquiry. Calls to our call center may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes. We do not typically associate these recordings with the personal information we collect about youu.
- Participate in Promotions: If you participate in a promotion, then we will collect the information that you submit as part of your entry. We may offer promotions in connection with other entities, and, in some cases, our promotions will be governed by additional or different privacy notices; we will notify you at the time of collection if your data will be subject to an additional or different policy.
- Interact at Tradeshows: We collect information from you that you choose to provide to us at trade shows (e.g., to our employees or other representatives such as hairstylists). We collect the information that you choose to provide to us, which may include, for example, your contact information and information about preferred products.
Information We Collect About You From Other Sources
- Information that we collect from other entities/brands: We may collect information about you from our affiliates.
- Your Friends: We may collect information about you if your friends purchase a gift or product for you.
- Social Media: If you post information on our social media pages, we may collect the information that you post. We also may obtain information about you through your social media pages that you have made public if you mention us in a post. Our collection of information about you is governed by the social media page and not this policy.We do not typically associate your social media information with the personal information we collect about you. You may purchase some of our products through certain social media sites or apps. If you do so, the social media site controls the data that it provides to us, which will include, at a minimum, information necessary to provision your order.
- Purchase from Non-Affiliated Providers:We may obtain a list of prospective customers from a non-affiliated source, such as a list purchase, where permitted by applicable law. We also may purchase demographic information from non-affiliated sources.
- Other Merchants:From time to time, we offer in-store or other promotions; if you participate in a promotion, we may obtain your contact information from the store or other merchant.
Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect information about you when you use our Services (usage information).We collect this information from our service providers and vendors, which may include operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, data analytics providers, and social media.The type of information that we collect varies depending on the settings of your web browser or device, but it may include the pages you view on our Sites and Apps; the date and time you access our Sites and Apps; how long you use our Services; the type of web browser you are using (for example, Firefox or Chrome); the type of device you are using (for example, whether you are using a mobile device); and your Internet Protocol address; device ID; your location information (collected, e.g., through our analytics providers such as Google). Our service providers also may track your behavior through links that you click on our Sites and Apps (e.g., if you link to a retailer through our Services, our service providers may evaluate whether you completed a purchase on a non-affiliated site). See the section below titled Cookies and Tracking for more information. We do not typically associate this information with the personal information that we collect about you.Use of InformationWe use your information for a variety of purposes, including:
Transactional Purposes: to provision the requested services and orders; to establish and update your account;and for other transactional purposes.
Customer service/communications: to provide you with a personalized shopping experience; for technical support to answer your inquiries; to provide product updates/recalls and similar purposes.
Warranty Support: to maintain information about your warranty and to honor the terms of the warranty.
Marketing/Advertising: for marketing purposes, including to provide you with special offers, promotions, news, and newsletters; to contact you about products we think may interest you, including products offered by our affiliated entities; to target advertisements to you; to administer contests, promotions, and other offers; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. Our communications may include information about Conair or any other brands within the Conair family. Our marketing communications with you may include communications via postal mail and email. We, and our service providers, also use your information to determine the success of our advertising campaigns, regardless of the marketing and advertising channel.
Research and development/Analytical purposes: for research and development purposes, including to improve our Services, products, and customer experience; to understand what parts of our Sites and Apps are most popular or to improve upon such Sites and Apps; to understand our customer demographics; and for other research and analytical purposes.
Legal compliance: to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; and as part of legal proceedings.
Protection of us and others: where we believe it is necessary to protect us and others, including, without limitation to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, security incidents, or other issues where we believe it is appropriate to protect us and others.Sharing of InformationWe share your information with the following entities:
- Corporate Relatives. We may share your information with any current or future parent company, affiliate, subsidiary or division.
- Service Providers. We share your information with our service providers or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we share your information with service providers who host our Sites and Apps, coordinate mailings, analyze aggregate information about our customers, assist us in detecting and deterring fraud, security incidents, or other unlawful activity, and for other business purposes as described above in how we use your information. We also permit service providers to collect information about you online through cookies and other tracking tools; please see Cookies and Tracking and Analytics Providers/Advertisers sections below.
- Carefully Selected Partners. If you choose to enter a joint promotion, then we will share your contact information (and other information that you provide to us in connection with that promotion) with the other party. The promotions may be subject to an additional or different privacy notice.
- Site and App Users. We may share your information with other users of our Sites and Apps. For example, if you post a review, pictures, or other content on our Services, the contents of your post (including any pictures that you post) as well as other information, such as your username, may be available to all visitors to our Sites and Apps.
- Analytics Providers/Advertisers. As set forth above, we share information with analytics providers and advertisers to assist us in implementing and evaluating relevant advertising. Often the information that we share is collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies on our Sites and Apps. We also may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audience, which may use it to target advertising to you. See the section entitled Your Choices, Opt-out of Interest Based Advertising below.
We may also share your information in the following ways:
- Business Transfers. We may share your information with another entity if we or any of our current or future corporate relatives are acquired by or merged with another legal entity, if substantially all of our assets or the assets of one of our corporate relatives are sold or transferred to another legal entity, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of a sale of a business or a similar transfer of assets.
- In Response to Legal Process. We share your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement; to comply with governmental, administrative, or judicial process or other similar requirement or order, such as a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or governmental agencies any activities that we believe are in violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations without providing notice.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate and de-identified information about our customers for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
You have certain choices regarding the personal information we collect about you. For example, you may:Request to Modify Content You Have Posted. You may request to modify content that you have posted to our Sites and Apps by emailing us at email@example.com and specifying the content (such as comments or reviews) that you would like modified or deleted. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content. If this is the case, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Even if we are able to anonymize or make your content or information no longer visible, there is no way to ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your content from the Internet because third parties may have archives of Conair web pages. We, therefore, cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Privacy Notice, the law, or your personal privacy.
Opt Out of Promotional Email Communications. You may opt out of promotional emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and explaining the email that you would like to unsubscribe from. Please also note that if you have previously added your contact information to the mailing list of one of our clients or partners and later withdraw your permission, you will have to contact that third party (or use an opt-out link provided in an email communication from that client or partner) to request removal from that mailing list as well.
Opt Out of Interest-Based Advertising. We use service providers such as Google’s AdSense and AdWords to help us provide advertisements to you that are tailored to you based on interests that you have expressed on our Site or elsewhere (“Interest-Based Ads”). Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to this Site. Any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google’s own privacy policies. You may decide to disable Google cookies by clicking on: www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/optout?hl=en. You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt out of interest-based ads delivered by Google. You also may opt out of receiving Interest-Based Ads from many third-party ad networks, such as those provided by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding Interest-Based Ads by NAI members and DAA members, including how to opt out of Interest-Based Ads provided by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: optout.networkadvertising.org and optout.aboutads.info. Please note that opting out of participating ad networks does not mean that you will not see advertisements at all and you will continue to receive advertisements on other websites and from companies that do not participate in the above programs. Even if you opt out of interest-based ads, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type and recent, previous searches related to your current search. Certain of our Sites and Apps also may use Facebook advertising, including Facebook Custom Audience. As set forth above and in the Cookies and Tracking section below, we may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audiences (for more information on Facebook Custom Audience click here. so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar interests on third parties’ websites or media (“Custom Audiences”). We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. You may also control how Facebook and other third parties display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described in this paragraph.If you are a California resident, please see Important Additional Privacy Information for California Residents for additional information about how to opt-out of ads delivered on mobile devices.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you communications about your account or any products or services you have purchased from us and we will still respond to your inquiries and requests for information.
Cookies and Tracking
- Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in functionality to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs, pixel tags, or action tags, among other names), in connection with our Services to perform functions like tracking the activities of visitors to our Services, helping us manage content, and compiling statistics about usage of our Services. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in emails to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- Embedded Scripts. We may use embedded scripts, which is code designed to collect information about how visitors interact with a website, such as the website which linked them to our Site.
- Do Not Track. Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Our Services contain links to non-Conair websites and applications. Any access to and use of such non-Conair websites and applications are not governed by this Privacy Notice. Instead, your use of non-Conair websites or applications is governed by the privacy policies of those websites or applications. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
International Transfers of Information
Our Services are intended to be used by customers located in the United States. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect about you, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection and privacy laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located. U.S. governmental agencies, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access or obtain your personal information (for example, in response to a court order).By using our Services, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information, including personal information, in the United States.
Our Services are for general audiences and are not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13), and we will delete any personal information collected that we later know to be from a customer under the age of thirteen (13). If you believe a child under the age of thirteen (13) has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com and specify the customer and information you believe to be from the child under thirteen (13).
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information we have collected about you, and your use of our Services indicates that you understand and accept this risk.You should take steps to protect your account by, among other things, choosing a strong password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password information private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will be updated from time to time. Changes to this Privacy Notice will go into effect when posted. If revisions to this Privacy Notice materially affect how we use personal information that we collected from you prior to the date of the revised Privacy Notice, we will obtain your consent for any new uses or sharing of your personal information. We will post any updated Privacy Notice to our Sites and Apps.ContactBy email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBy mail: Conair LLC Attention: Privacy Team1 Cummings Point Road
Stamford, CT 06902
Important Additional Information for California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), we are required to provide California consumers with a detailed notice about the collection of their information, use, disclosure, and sale of their information, and their rights to protect that information.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect, Disclose, and Sell
Above we described the scope of information that we collect about you, including California residents (see “Information We Collect”). In this section, we are identifying the personal information that we have collected about California consumers during the past 12 months using the categories set forth in the CCPA; the scope of personal information collected below, however, is not intended to differ from what is set forth above. In the table, we also identify the types of entities to which we have disclosed data for a business or commercial purpose during the past 12 months. For more information about the business and commercial purposes, for which we may use and sell (as defined under the CCPA) your personal information, please see Sharing of Information above.
We do not “sell” your data for monetary compensation. We do share your data with analytics providers and advertisers to assist us and other entities with targeted advertising (collectively, and for purposes of this policy, “AdTech”). Under the CCPA, such disclosure may be considered a “sale.” To that end, in the “Do we sell?” column below, we have indicated “Yes” where such data is shared in connection with AdTech.
|Information We Collect|
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
Information we collect directly from you, such as identifiers, purchase history, customer records, call recordings, and customer profiles. Information from other companies, such as your Facebook user name if you “Like” us on Facebook. Information automatically collected, such as usage data, including the pages you view on our Sites and Apps.
If you do not provide information to us, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
|Use of Information|
We use your information for a variety of purposes, including:
Transactional purposes, such as providing the requested services. Customer service, such as responding to your inquiries. Communication, such as responding to your requests for assistance or relevant updates. Marketing, such as providing you with special offers and contacting you about products we think may interest you. Administration, such as managing our inventory, maintaining our Sites and Apps, including debugging and repairing. Evaluating use of our Services, including which features of our Sites and Apps are of most interest. Research and development, such as improving our Site and Apps and understanding our customer demographics. Legal compliance, such as responding to a subpoena or court order. Protection of us and others, such as investigating a possible crime, security incident, or enforcing a contract.
|Sharing of Personal Information|
We share your information with the following entities or in the following ways:
Corporate relatives, such as a corporate subsidiary or division. Service providers, such asentities that host our Sites and Apps; assist us with advertising, marketing, customer service, or any other purpose for which we use your personal information. Site and App users, such as if you post content on our Sites or Apps that may be available to all visitors. Social Media and Networking Platforms, if you post to our social media feed or post comments in your own publicly available social media account. Carefully Selected Partners, such as for a joint promotion in which you choose to participate. Business transfers, such as if we merge with, or sell a business to, another legal entity. In response to legal process, such as in response to a subpoena. To protect us and others, such as to monitor our website for security issues. Aggregate and de-identified information, such as for research and statistical analysis.
|Other Important Privacy Information|
You have certain choices regarding how we use your personal information. For example, if you decide you no longer want to receive promotional emails from us, you can let us know by following the unsubscribe link in the email, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Learn more.
If you are a California resident, you also have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, to request that we delete your personal information, and to request a copy of your personal information. Learn more.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org By mail: Conair LLC
Attention: Privacy Team 1 Cummings Point Road Stamford, CT 0690
|Categories of personal information||Do we disclose for a business purpose(s)||Do we sell?*||Categories of Third Parties to Whom We Disclose Personal Info for a Business or Commercial Purpose|
|Name, Contact Information and other Identifiers: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or similar information.||Yes||Yes*||service providers advisors and agentsgovernment entities and law enforcementaffiliates and subsidiaries advertising networksdata analytics providerssocial networksinternet service providersoperating systems and platformsbusiness customer/client|
|Customer Records: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, photographs (if you choose to post on our Sites or Apps), product reviews, address, telephone number, credit card number or debit card number.||Yes||No||service providers advisors and agentsgovernment entities and law enforcementaffiliates and subsidiaries internet service providersoperating systems and platformsbusiness customer/client|
|Purchase History and Tendencies: Commercial information including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.||Yes||Yes*||service providers advisors and agentsgovernment entities and law enforcementaffiliates and subsidiaries advertising networksdata analytics providerssocial networksinternet service providersoperating systems and platformsbusiness customer/client|
|Usage Data: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding interaction with our Sites, Apps, or advertisement, including access logs and other activity information related to the use of our Services.||Yes||Yes*||service providers advisors and agentsgovernment entities and law enforcementaffiliates and subsidiaries advertising networksdata analytics providerssocial networksinternet service providersoperating systems and platformsbusiness customer/client|
|Geolocation Data: We collect data about your location through our analytics providers and with your consent as described above.||Yes||No||service providers advisors and agentsgovernment entities and law enforcementaffiliates and subsidiaries internet service providersoperating systems and platforms|
|Audio, Video and other Electronic Data: We record calls if you contact our customer service center.||Yes||No||service providers advisors and agentsgovernment entities and law enforcementaffiliates and subsidiaries|
|Profiles and Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile reflecting a resident’s preferences and purchase tendencies, which may be used for targeted advertising.||Yes||Yes*|
*Only in connection with AdTech as described above. We do not “sell” your data for monetary compensation.
Sources of Personal Information. As further described in the discussion about the Information We Collect About You, we collect personal information from the following sources: directly from you; advertising networks; data analytics providers; social networks; internet service providers; operating systems and platforms; your friends; affiliated entities; partners (e.g., if we offer a joint promotion); and government entities.
Notice at Collection: You have the right to obtain a notice about the information that we collect about you at the time of collection. If we collect data from you that is not described in this Privacy Notice, then we will provide an additional notice to the extent required by applicable law.
California Resident Rights
As a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information. We do not “sell” your data for monetary compensation. We do share your data with analytics providers and advertisers to assist us and other entities with targeted advertising. For instance, we allow entities to place cookies on our Sites and Apps to collect information about your interaction with such Sites and Apps, including in some cases whether you make a purchase of one of our products on a different site. This collection of information may be a “sale” under the broad definition of “sale” as defined under the CCPA.To opt-out of the sale of your information by apps on your mobile device, and control interest based advertising through such apps, please visit AppChoices by clicking here and download the AppChoices tool. We do not sell personal information about California consumers if we have actual knowledge that the consumer is younger than 16 years old.
- Delete Your Information. As stated above, at any time, you may request that we remove a posting made to our Services or deactiveate your account, if you have an account with us, by contacting us at email@example.com. California residents may request that we delete all of the information that we hold about them (please note that there are exemptions to the right to delete) by clicking here.
- Request a Copy of Your Personal Information. You may request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months by clicking here. You have the right for us to deliver this to you at no cost either by mail or in an electronically portable format, where technically feasible, so that you can share that information with another entity. You also have the right to know: the categories of personal information that we collect about you; the categories of the sources of personal information; the purpose for which we use the data; and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed this data. We have identified these categories and disclosures in the table above. You may make up to two requests in a 12-month period.
Submitting Requests. You may submit your particular request by clicking on the applicable link above. If you have an account with us, you also may submit your request by logging into your account. You also may contact us at 833-CONAIR9 (833-266-2479) (toll free).
When you submit a request to know or a request to delete, we will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. You must complete all required fields on our webform (or otherwise provide us with this information via the above toll-free number). In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your request or where necessary to process your request. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requestor. Authorized agents may initiate a request on behalf of another individual by completing the online form; authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization (either a power of attorney or notarized statement) and we may also require that the relevant consumer directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent. We will respond to verifiable requests received from California consumers as required by law. Please click on the applicable link above for specific agent instructions or contact us at the above number.
Right to Non-Discrimination.The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA. Discrimination may exist where a business denies or provides a different level or quality of goods or services, or charges (or suggests that it will charge) different prices, rates, or penalties on residents who exercise their CCPA rights, unless doing so is reasonably related to the value provided to the business by the residents’ data.
Financial Incentives. A business may offer financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of California residents’ personal information, provided the incentive is not unjust, unreasonable, coercive or usurious, and is made available in compliance with applicable transparency, informed consent, and opt-out requirements. California residents have the right to be notified of any financial incentive offers and their material terms, the right to opt-out of such incentives at any time, and may not be included in such incentives without their prior informed opt-in consent. From time to time we may offer free shipping or other incentives (such as a discount if you sign up for email marketing from us). We will notify you of the incentive at the time of offer.